Friday, March 26

Periwinkle Dream

Not too long ago, I had a dream about the cutest pair of periwinkle sandals. They were a leather wedge sandal. Huarache style. I adore periwinkle. Not quite blue. Not quite purple. Never lavender, dusty rose, or cornflower blue. It’s a sleeper color. Not in your face like turquoise or plum. Muted and pale, it’s a color that seems to constantly change before my eyes. Enchanting. In the dream, I saw myself sleeping in my bed. I began to wake up noticing that the room was still dark. Only a small sliver of light crept out from behind the bamboo blinds. Joey stretched his paws and greeted me with his usual grunts and snorts. I sleepily pushed the covers off my newly wakened body. As I slid my legs over the side of the bed to get up and seize the day, I looked down to find an amazing pair of sandals on my feet. An elegant wedge that added just the right amount of height to be sexy and yet still comfortable. My skin peek-a-boos between the periwinkle leather straps that crisscross the top of my foot. I’ve scoured the internet desperately trying to find these shoes. To date – no success.

No comments:

Post a Comment