Tuesday, June 15

Oil Spill - Dang it!



The BP oil spill has been upsetting me since we first heard about it. Everyday I wake up and watch the morning news. The reports on the spill have me worried, anxious, and suffering slight nausea. The complacency infuriates me. That much oil in the ocean is a serious concern. And the dispersants forget about it! What if everyone took turns spending a day in a boat with their macaroni strainers and scooped as much as they could? Maybe that’s naïve.

But a wonderful group of etsy artists have come up with a way to help. Proceeds from sales of their hand crafted items are being contributed to help with the Gulf oil spill clean up. There all different kinds of sellers participating, and the list continues to grow. Maybe we can’t all get in a boat and scoop oil. But shopping for a cause, now that’s a win, win.

1 comment:

  1. I also find the effects of the oil spill horrifying. And, it seems like we've only touched the tip of the iceberg of environmental devastation. The more I hear about the long term effects this will have on marine life, coastal wildlife and human livelihood, the angrier and sadder I get. I think it's great that etsy sellers are donating profits for this worthy cause. I haven't updated my shop in quite a while, but I think I'll designate proceeds for the cause, too.

    ReplyDelete